|Another old view of the river with the bridge in the background. The two extra storeys were added to the bridge chapel in 1736 and removed in 1930.
|This was the scene as painted by Charles Ince and exhibited at the Royal Society of British Artists (RBA) around 1920. Watercolour ("Boats on the Ouse") reproduced by kind permission of his great nephew, George Field.
|Go on to NEXT PHOTOGRAPH
OR return to LIST of photographs